Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The last cuke of the season

This season the cukes did amazing. I'm talking wonderful. An overload of cucumbers. Enough to make all the pickles I would ever want this winter plus loads to give to friends and family. But I'd be lying if I said I didnt get some satisfaction yanking daggum vines out of the ground. Let's just say I'm alittle over the cukes.

Plus I need room for the brussels sprouts.....

But while pulling em' up I came across this little guy.


And though I was happy to see em' gone, this little guy reminded me of the beginning of the season when the first cukes started coming on. Almost got alittle sad to see them go....
Yeah right! I'm so sick of cukes. But as the cycle goes; next year around March when the little cucumber seedlings are starting I'll be getting that cuke fever. 

As of now though, good riddance

1 comment:

  1. I was thrilled when my cuke got zapped by frost. Enough is enough!

    But yes, I'll be glad to see them NEXT year....

    ReplyDelete