Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's that time again

The garden has been tilled and the seeds have been started.



So the 2012 summer garden goes something like this:

Tomatoes
- pink brandywine
- roman candle
- striped roman
- ananas noire
- amish paste
- pink cherry
Peppers
- red belgian
- red marconi
- golden marconi
Carrots
- amarillo
- chantenay red core
Cucumbers
- mexican sour gherkin (not so much a cucumber but close enough)
- delikatesse
- mici hybrid
Eggplant
- ping tung
- rosa bianca
Squash
- spaghetti
- black beauty zucchini
- early prolific straightneck
Beans
- purple podded pole
- kentucky blue
Onions
- white
- red
- extra large sweet
Strawberry popcorn
Kiwano
Giant cape gooseberry
Easter egg radish
Cilantro
Dill
Lemon basil
Mammoth grey sunflower
Frosted queen mix bachelor's button
Double tall mix strawflower
Brocade mix marigolds
lilliput zinnia
Gaillardia indian blanket

It's been in the 80's and sunny here lately and I love it! It's been raining almost every night so I've not had a dry garden to get into. though forecasts say rain tonight and then clear the rest of the week. Hopefully I'll have a bunch marked off my to-do list by this weekend.








1 comment:

  1. Wow, I look forward to see all those types of tomatoes... here in NZ we are getting into Autumn, I'll need to plant something completely different :-).

    Come and see my garden if you like, I am here.

    http://alessandrazecchini.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete