Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pretty pretty pumpkins and an almost ripe tomato!






There's maybe 10 good sized Pumpkins. I'd probably find more if I really got in there and looked. I propped up some of the bigger ones so theyd get a better shape, only to find these yellow spots. I hope they get big for Thanksgiving. I've made promises for bunches of pies and breads.



And my one slightly ripe tomato. we've gotten 2 yellow pear tomatoes so far. But I'm craving a big one. There's a bunch of green ones, promising a good load this year but the darn things wont ripen!

Oh and we got our first squash, which will be cooked with salt, pepper, butter and onion!







1 comment:

  1. I had my first yellow pear today....but those darn Brandywines are just sitting there--taunting me with their green-ness. They're huge. And green.

    ReplyDelete